Understanding the Apple web page about TestFlight
- There is a lot of unnecessary information on the Apple website that the link will take you to. Just skim it and focus on the summary given here.
- You already have access to a "public invitation link" (line 6. previous page); that is how you got to the Apple material.
- You must have an iPhone or iPad with iOS/iPadOS 15 (as of January 2022).
- You will be joining as an external tester.
- If you can use more than one device (iPhone or iPad) that would be great. You need to install TestFlight on each of those devices.
- Once you have installed TestFlight successfully, follow the link at line 6. of the previous page again--this time it should open TestFlight instead of a browser.
- Ignore all references to tvOS, iMessage, and watchOS.
- Once playing, do pay attention to the section Giving Feedback (scroll way down), but just read the three subsections with "iOS or iPadOS" in the title. (Note there are alternative ways to give feedback.)